Monday, November 14, 2011

Trailer review! The Hunger Games

I don't usually enjoy movie trailers. I find their grandiosity that producers must deem necessary to attract audiences repetitive and irritating. So this morning I found myself surprised to be completely captivated by the new (first) Hunger Games trailer. (Check out my take on the books at this post.)

Full disclosure, I'm completely biased by the fact that my friend Sash of http://www.sashandem.com/ is an extra in the movie. But I don't think I'm off-base in saying that this movie looks AWESOME.  Casting fell into place perfectly, world building looks great so far, and they definitely nailed the anticipation for the start of the games without spoiling anything that happens!  I'm impressed that they built in so much tension by showing only things that happen before the games.

I'm going to see Breaking Dawn soon and, even though I am a big fan of the movies generally (don't argue about this with me now, not the point), I'm not even excited about it because that book is so terrible.  So, thank you, Hunger Games, for providing me with a dose of good ol' YA-book-to-film-adaptation happiness.

1 comment:

  1. i'm still not happy about Madge being taken out of the movie. she was vital! especially her family and Haymitch's storyline. ugh.

    love,
    a-still-overjoyed-citizen-of-the-capitol

    ReplyDelete